Tuesday 27 March 2012

Julie Ralph talks Bittersweet.

When adrian approached me about helping him find actors for a mysterious production I was more than happy to help and put my own name forward staight away, as I always had a liking for theatre and I felt this will ignite the flame...








 So one fine summers day I found myself standing in the duiske in front of 3 people who were clearly having the time of their lives, it then hit me this could be fun :) two months later 'One for the Road' was under way and I was Katy.. A character that surprisingly suited me... Shortly after 'One for the Road' was done I got a lovely phonecall from Adrian, wondering if I'd like to be one of the Producers for 'BitterSweet Graffiti' I obliged not really knowing what I was getting myself in for.. 






The transition from acting to producing was strange but as it got closer to casting actors I found myself settle into the role (getting used to the'did I catch you at a bad time' phonecalls) before I knew it rehearsals had started and things began to take shape!! With BitterSweet Graffiti now only one week away, I can honestly say I much prefer the work behind the scenes although it can be stressful.. 






But with the help of Una Dalton I've managed to keep my wits about me and look forward to seeing all the hard work pay off.. BitterSweet Graffiti has a wonderful youthful talented cast, a spectacular writer and a backroom team to beat the Band.. Spark Productions is a force to be reckoned with, great ideas for the future and a family that just keeps Growing. Its safe to say I'm proud to be a Spark ;) Its a show not to be missed .... So get booking your tickets !!!!




We are not long left now until opening night!Only nine days to be precise!So there's going to be serious work done in these next few days to get everything in tip top shape!







'BitterSweet Graffiti' runs in the Abbey Hall Graiguenamanagh Co.Kilkenny for four nights April 5th to 8th.

Opening night tickets are 5 euro.
Friday to Sunday tickets are 10 euro.
7 euro tickets available for Students,O.A.P's and social welfare recipients.

Ticket Bookings on 087-9439979.

'BitterSweet Graffiti' is Written and Directed by Adrian Kavanagh.

Produced by Julie Ralph and Una Dalton.

All Photography by David Ryan.



Or for more details on 'BitterSweet Graffiti': http://www.facebook.com/events/179524322161189/



No comments:

Post a Comment